(Performance, Classification, Education & Events)
The Paralympic Council of Ireland with the support of the Irish Sports Council is seeking to appoint a
Programmes Coordinator with responsibilities in the area of Performance, Classification, Education
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer the successful candidate will have a no. of areas of
responsibility within the Paralympic Council of Ireland’s programmes in the build up to the 2012
London Paralympic Games. The successful candidate will be responsible for key functions within the
following four principle areas:
Note: The initial phase of the contract (April – December 2010) is primarily to cover the Maternity
leave of the Paralympic Performance Director (PPD). During this period, the key tasks listed as
“Performance” below will be the primary focus for the successful candidate. The role of PCI
Programmes Coordinator will take full effect from Jan 2011.
1) Performance: Provide assistance to the Paralympic Performance Director in designing and implementing the High Performance Programmes for squads and individual athletes leading to the 2012 London Paralympic Games.
2) Classification: The development and implementation of a National Classification Strategy for
Paralympic sports ensuring the PCI are compliant with the IPC Classification Code.
3) Education: The rollout of PCI’s Education Programme to heighten awareness of Paralympic sports
in Ireland, specifically targeting schoolchildren
4) Events: The planning, delivery and evaluation of PCI events
Applicants should have:
- 3rd level qualification, or equivalent, in a sports management/sports development/event management related discipline
- Experience of working with athletes and squads at elite level
- Proven ability in project management
- A clear understanding and proven commitment to Anti-Doping in sport.
- Wide knowledge and understanding of the structure of high performance sport, as well the
- Paralympic sports movement.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes of classification in Paralympic Sport as well as and understanding of the IPC Classification Code.
Salary €40,000 per annum
Fixed Term Contract to December 31st 2012
Due to extensive travel involved, a clean current full driving licence and own car is essential
Applications by post, email or fax, with current Curriculum Vitae by 5pm, Friday February 12th, 2010
Chief Executive Officer,
Paralympic Council of Ireland,
Sport HQ, Joyce Way,
Parkwest Business Park,
Clondalkin, Dublin 12
A full role description is available on www.pcireland.ie